Welcome to work at Color Obstacle Rush!
Please read the job description below carefully and then complete the release form. We look forward to seeing you soon!
WHAT THE RUNNERS MUST HAVE WITH THEM WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT CHECK-IN:
1.TICKET EMAIL / PRINT:
If the participant has an UPGRADE (appears on the ticket): hand a swag bag to the customer.
NB! If the participant has bought a swag bag (does not appear on the ticket), direct them on the pick-up point.
All the other products are picked up from the store as well.
Always give customers back their ticket(s).
If the customer does not have a ticket, contact your manager.
WHAT WE GIVE TO A CUSTOMER:
1. WRISTBAND (based on the start time)
- Wristband is the customer’s ticket and permission to enter the event area.
- Give the customer the corresponding wristband to the right start time. Each start time has a certain colour.
- 12-15-year-olds will get a wristband of a specific colour, please write the guarding phone number in the wristbands.
- Ask the customer to put the wristband on by themselves. It saves a lot of time!
Please note! Any start time -option, ask the participant which start time they would like to join.
2. POSSIBLE UPGRADE OR PRE-BOUGHT MERCHANDISE
If the participant has an UPGRADE (appears on the ticket): hand a swag bag to the customer
NB! If the participant has bought a swag bag (does not appear on the ticket), direct them on the pick-up point.
If the participant has pre-bought any other merchandise such as colour packets or face paints, they will be seen in a separate order confirmation. There is a pick-up point for these products inside the festival area at the store.
Please note! Each participant gets a colour packet at the finish line after the run and before the colour festival. This colour packet is not included in the ticket. At the pick-up point in the store, the participants can receive their colour packets only if they have pre-ordered them or if they buy them on the spot.
Every participant gets a T-shirt. Ask the customer what size they want.
🡸 SWAG BAG (an early bird offer)
- contains: Gymsack, colour packet, sunglasses, tattoo, bandana
Please note: Our products can be purchased from our store tent (inside the event area). At the check-in, we don’t handle money, so we only give the pre-ordered swag bags to the customers.
BEFORE THE EVENT:
- As soon as you arrive at the bag drop, you will see a plastic box on the table where all numbered wristbands are located in smaller boxes. These wristbands have to be hung on the correct hooks.
- If you still have time, try to remember how the bag drop has been numbered. This makes your day much easier and you can master your task perfectly and avoid unnecessary queues during the event.
DURING THE EVENT:
As soon as the festival opens, it starts immediately. First of all, it is important to check that the queue is working. On the “BAGS IN” side, the participants should hand over their other bags and valuables and on the ”BAGS OUT” side participants should pick up their bags and valuables.
- Every visit to the bag drop is chargeable (except collection)
- The wardrobe costs 30 SEK for a jacket and 50 SEK for a back bag per participant. If the participant has both then the price is 50 SEK
- Payment is possible by card, cash or Swish
- Return visit costs 10 SEK (e.g. picking up telephone or wallet)
The event producer of the Color Obstacle Rush team comes to collect the money every now and then. If the participant has lost the wristband, ask about the wristband number and what the bag should look like and search for it shortly. For example, if you find the right bag, look in and ask the participant what should be in there to ensure that the bag belongs to the right owner.
Quick tip to avoid queue and chaos in the bad drop:
Start filling the hooks one line at a time, from bottom to front, from top to bottom. That way when people arrive to pick up their bags, there's a good chance they'll be close to each other. and the organization of the cloakroom is more practical and quicker.
NOTE: Once the bag is in hand, always put the bracelet back in the hook in order to have it ready for the next customer.
IF THE LINE GETS LONG:
You can take bags in from the "BAGS OUT" side if there are no participants there to pick up their bags!
Send one of the bag drop staff to inform the line that they can pay with cash or card. If they are paying with cash inform the participants in the line to prepare the cash beforehand. This will save a lot of time for everybody. Remember to mention the prices of the bag drop!
AFTER THE EVENT:
When the bag drop is becoming empty, you can slowly put the wristbands back into the smaller boxes. Make sure they are arranged in the correct order! This makes the next event so much smoother. If bags, jackets or valuables have been left behind, please hand them to your supervisor and ask if there is anything you could still do to help.
The pre-ordered products and the products the participants would like to buy are handed out at the store.
Participants might have pre-ordered some additional products.
In this case, pre-ordered products will be enlisted in the order confirmation.
If a product is enlisted in the order confirmation, hand it out to the customer.
If a product has different colour options, hand out a random colour, unless the colour is specified in the order confirmation.
You will have a pre-order checklist at the store. It is shorted by name. Check the participant's order confirmation and check if you can find the name from the pre-order checklist. Give out the products and mark that the participant has received their pre-ordered products to the pre-order checklist.
Please note! If the participant clearly has the pre-order confirmation email but you cannot find it on the list. Give out the pre-order products and write down the email to the pre-order checklist as well as the product they had in their confirmation.
Please note: Each participant gets a colour packet at the finish line after the run and before the colour festival. This colour packet is not mentioned in the ticket or the confirmation order.
At the pick-up point in the store, the participants can receive their colour packets only if they have pre-ordered them or if they buy them on the spot.
BEFORE WE OPEN THE FESTIVAL AREA:
Put some samples on the table, make sure they look appealing. Then, remember to double-check these things:
- Make sure you have the price list on the counter or in the frames in front of the store.
- Keep the products on one or two tables maximum.
- Check the iPad is open, the SumUp-app is open, Card-reader is connected (Bluetooth) and the charger is plugged into both iPad and Card-reader.
- Make sure you have your cash box with enough change in it.
DURING THE EVENT:
- Payment methods: cash, card payment and Swish
- Markdown all the products you sell on the tablet, the tablet works like a cash register.
- Open new product packs only if necessary! All boxes must be counted after the event for the inventory!
- The event producer of the Color Obstacle Rush team comes to collect the money every now and then. If you need change, do not hesitate to ask him/her!
AFTER THE EVENT:
A person from the COR team will inform you when you can start counting all the products that remain after-sale, you have to mark them on the specific form.
- Please verify that the numbers you write are correct!
- Afterwards, put the products in their boxes in an organized manner. Do not throw the products in cartons away! On each box indicate the product name and total sum of each product!
Please note: Do not leave the store without surveillance!
There are several start groups throughout the day and your role is to monitor the start line.
Here is an example:
Departure group 1: 11h00
Departure group 2: 11h30
Departure group 3: 12h00
Departure group 4: 12h30
The work you do and your monitoring is important as you create the rhythm of the run. By controlling and letting a certain amount of people go thru the obstacle we avoid the queue and the waiting during the course.
We’ll give you more information on the event day before the event starts.
Ready, steady, go!
Your job is to hand out colour bags to the participants at the finish line. There are multiple boxes of colours in the tent.
Open the boxes and mix them, a colourful colour festival always looks nicer than a cloud of colour in one shade.
Flatten the empty cardboard boxes and hide them behind the finish line tent so they can be taken to the trash.
IMPORTANT: Everyone gets only one colour bag!
If you have time, please tell the participants to save the colour bag for the colour festival and guide them to go near the stage and join the colour festivals. Hand out every colour bag, participants are not allowed to take colour bags themselves.
Remember to hype and congratulate the runners when they finish their run. They did an amazing job and your input is an important part of the experience.
Unfortunately, no one can get an extra colour bag if they haven’t paid for it, all the products are calculated and we don’t have extras. More colour bags can be bought at the Store tent.
AFTER THE TRACK CLOSES
Calculate how many colour bags are in the boxes and marked to these boxes. Then close the boxes with tape. Tell the number of colour packets left in the boxes to your supervisor. Clean up the area.
You will have various tasks during the day, but mainly you will maintain the general well-being at the event by ensuring the water station has enough cups and water, toilets have enough toilet paper and are clean and the event village looks nice and tidy. During and after the event you will help us to clean the event up.
CHEER ON AND MOTIVATE THE PARTICIPANTS:
We expect that you will cheer and motivate the participants during the day. Anything that makes the participants happy and in a good mood while running is allowed. Here you can use your creativity!
Things don't always go as planned. If your obstacle needs repairs or if a participant is injured, contact your supervisor with the radio.
- RADIO PROTOCOLS
We will hand out a radio for you. Use it only when necessary and not for chit-chatting. If you need any help with the obstacle, it’s super important to say the number of the obstacle you are at in the beginning.
- If you need medical assistance: Medical x2, obstacle "x" needs assistance for "___" (tell the emergency)
- If you need a COR team: Technical x2, Obstacle "X" is "___" (tell us the problem with the obstacle)
Remember that you are responsible for the radio if you lose it or brake it. So please be careful!
- POSSIBLE TECHNICAL DEFECTS OF THE OBSTACLE
Observe what is happening around you and report possible defects through the radio. We will come to you if your obstacle needs any fixing. Do not fix anything yourself! If your obstacle or part of it is broken, close the obstacle or part with the defect until it is functional again.
- The most common obstacle defects:
- The obstacle has a hole/air leaking out of the obstacle.
- The petrol fan no longer works. / The fuel ran out. / The device emits unnecessary smoke.
- The obstacle moves significantly. The screws that attach the obstacle to the ground are loose.
- A strong wind crushes the obstacle.
- Methods to prevent these defects:
- Control the number of participants who are on the obstacle at the same time. You can get the number and other details from your manager.
- Make sure that the participants always move forward and don't stop on the obstacle.
- Make sure that the participants do not carry any sharp objects that can damage the obstacle.
- POSSIBLE INJURIES:
It happens from time to time that someone gets hurt at the obstacles. If you see someone injured, contact the medical team on the radio. The medical team will the respond and come to you. When you call, tell clearly what happened and your obstacle number.
The most common injuries are:
- Sprains and fractures (ankle, wrist, shoulder)
- Fainting / dizzy spells
- Collision with other participants
If the injured person's condition deteriorates significantly, report back with your radio. If the obstacle is damaged by the accident, report it at the same time you call for help. Once the injured person has been transported away, reopen the obstacle for the participants if you had to close it.
- AFTER THE EVENT:
- Once a member of the Color Obstacle Rush team has notified you that the last competitor has crossed your obstacle, make your way back to the festival site. At the same time, pick up the trash from the running track.
- REMEMBER TO RETURN YOUR RADIO AND SAFETY VEST!
- Turn to your superior and ask if you can still help somewhere.
- THE PREPARATIONS:
- Once you arrive at your location, you will see bags of paint. These must be opened with scissors. The scissors should be in place. If not, contact your supervisor.
- There are plastic bottles next to the sacks, which you will use to throw the paint. Please make sure you keep these at all time and that no participant can take it from you during the day!
- DUTIES DURING THE EVENT
- Any competitor who walks through your location/colour station will be thrown with paint unless the competitor doesn't want it.
- The best technique is to swing the filled plastic bottle in a long arc towards the participant.
- Each participant is thrown from the front and not from behind. Don't throw paint directly in the face.
- The plastic bottle has a cork and it must always remain on the bottle when throwing.
- Don't waste the colour. One swing per participant is sufficient.
- When the paint bottles run out, fill the bottles with the paint from the paint bags.
- If the colour runs out of the sacks, inform your supervisor in advance so a COR team member brings more colour.
- AFTER THE EVENT
- Clean up your location as soon as your supervisor has informed you that the last participant has crossed your location.
- Do not leave your location without permission.
- Gather all the empty sacks, scissors and empty plastic bottles and make your way to the festival area.
Do not forget:
- No smoking at the venue
- Always wear your bandana and sunglasses (these will be given!)
- If a competitor has breathing problems or colour in their eyes, get them outside of the colour cloud and contact the Color Obstacle Rush Team
- IF YOU HAVE A RADIO. REMEMBER TO RETURN THE RADIO AFTER THE EVENT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE RADIO.
- Don't throw paint with your hands. Use the bottle!
- Runners take the cups and fill them by themselves
- To avoid queues, make sure that the runners do not only use the first tap.
- Check that there is water in the containers.
- Collect all rubbish and cups in plastic bags
- Change the black bag when it is full.
- Keep the area clean throughout the day!
Your role is to supervise that no one gets in the event village without a bracelet.
Participants of the event already got their wristbands from the check-in (they have different wristband colors for different starting groups) They can all enter the event village at all time.
If a person doesn't have a wristband, it is probably a family member or a friend coming to cheer the participants.
They are allowed to enter the event village by paying 70 SEK admission fee to the event village (payment in cash, card or Swish)
Please note that by buying this ticket they are only allowed to enter the event village but not the course.
We do not recommend our event for children under 12. If someone still wishes to get in with their kid, they still have to pay the 70 SEK/person but kindly remind them that children under 12 will be refused at the corners obstacle on the event village as it is a safety matter.